Monday, December 17, 2007

From the Past

Today I met an old friend from the past, Glenn. We used to work together many moons ago and bumped into each other from time to time over the years. But in an unknown effort to get back in touch with those from my past I looked up Glenn on the Internet and sent him an e-mail.

As is one of his many efficient personality traits, he responded straight away and we set up a luncheon for today. I met him at his beautiful offices facing the Pacific Ocean in Santa Monica and we chatted about family, being grand parents, old friends and associates; and the new face of the unpredictable and ever changing housing business. The industry where we both began over 35 years ago. We both agreed that there are no experts today just speculation as to where the industry and the economy will be heading. No one knows not even the psychic hot line.

It was so good and spiritually uplifting talking about stories and people from the past. I began to feel substantial that my life had a history and I did know wonderful people from the past. I remember when he and his wife first met and how they began their storybook romance.

So we walked to the bowling alley nearby where they serve up a mean lunch in their hometown looking diner restaurant and chatted up a storm in between mouthfuls of tuna melts and chicken wraps.

Glenn always had and still does have a positive outlook on life and shared some of his life plans which made good sense as they usually do.

We talked some more about the future which offered me a more realistic view of where I'm headed as well as he and she. Lynn.

Couldn't have asked for a better couple of hours on a sunny but cool day in Santa Monica. I trust we'll get together again next year for another chat.

No comments: