Friday, December 21, 2007

Dreams

I used to dream so much I was sometimes unable to separate the dream from reality. But who really knows. There's a native American tribe that believes we all live in a dream world and there is no reality. Lately I've had trouble sleeping and haven't been dreaming that much. One night I woke up in a cold sweat thinking why I had moved all my things around. I jumped up from bed turned on the lights and realized I was nuts. I went back to sleep feeling both relieved and frustrated.

My favorite recurring dream began during my marriage years when I had a wife, kids, career, travel and and a house. There was so much going on in my life i just wanted to run away and start a new anonymous life like those in the witness protection program. While I was dabbling in screen writing at the time I wrote a screenplay about how and what the experiene would be like but with a little added drama to the plot. I like what I wrote but can't find it as its buried in in my storeage facility which will probably be opened after I'm gone. I'm sure my son David would take one look at it and send it the the Salvation Army.

My longest running dream was actually fulfilled. After living in Gotham cities all my life it was time to live in the wild, like the the story "into the wild". I dreamt about living in a cabin in the woods by myself for a year or two. Well, I would up in a guest house in the hills of Bel Air for a decade. There were more wildlife around me daily than I've ever encountered before: coyotes, deer, raccoons, hawks, owls, snakes, lizards, etc...

I loved that place. I'll tell you another time why I foolishly left it. Another regret.

Bye for now.

No comments: