Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving Farmers market and hidden walk

Hi folks,
Glad that Thanksgiving weather has arrived in sunny California. The cooler
weather makes the holiday more authentic. 
Well yesterday was a fun day at my life class at the E-Tribe, shopping at Santa Monica farmers market and one of my hidden neighborhood walks. There weren't as many people there as I had  anticipated but it was fun.
Bought some fresh foods and headed down to the more interesting part of the neighborhood which is in a hidden part of town. 
Unless you know its there one might never stumble upon it. So I brought my camera along for the ride and started taking some pictures before the sun set and the fog rolled in.I must admit it was a strange night but I couldn't put my finger on it.
Anyway my blogging is turning into blabbing since I'm in a funky mood, so please take a look at these photos I enjoyed taking.
Here are some hidden streets and beautiful small secret homes in....?


The first is that of a famous fig tree rooting in front of the Miramar hotel in Santa Monica. It is noteworthy in that is the second largest fig tree of its kind in the entire great state of California. "This 80-foot tall Moreton Bay Fig Tree (Ficus macrophylla) is the second largest of its kind in California, and possibly the United States. It was planted more than a century ago at Miramar, the private estate of Senator Percival Jones, and has a charming story to accompany it."

Here are some colorful Farmers Market goods....
   




No comments: