Sunday, August 9, 2009

Catharsis


Giving away my old rarely or never worn clothes was not as easy as I thought as they all had memories attached. Filling up my car with hundreds of pounds of useful goods and dropping them off to a charity whose recipients would wear them for warmth and cover rather than for name and style was a warm and welcome thought.
A sigh of relief too feeling I had actually contributed something valuable to others rather than holding on to the past for my own ego.
The experience was so cathartic I collapsed on the floor of exhaustion at the end of the day.
What next? Why continue to collect my so-called collectibles for those in need.
On a selfish note I didn't realize how relieved I felt afterward of relieving myself of such a burden.
A catharsis indeed.

No comments: