Sunday, January 27, 2008

Rainty Days

I so enjoy the quiet of rainy days especially living in a part of the world where the sun is shining most of the year. When it rains there are fewer drivers, people and just sunny noise to distract you.

 Another blogger I enjoy reading tells about her unwanted feelings toward weather blogging. She says its boring. I find it fascinating how changing weather affects different people in differnt ways. However severe weather is another story altogether in that it sometimes inflicts tradgey - so we'll put that on the back burner for a while.

Rainy weather used to keep me from going places. I'd whine and moan and groan about the rainy and use it as a poor excuse as to why I should stay home. My view is different today, I don't think I'll melt if its a little wet out and there's an exciting event taking place in which I'd like to  partake.

Last night, Sataurday, when the rain began to fall in a quiet drizzle I decided to attended my usual art gallery opening reception parties and was surprised at the large turnout. Maybe that's a sign of successful people. Very little stops them from doing what they intended to do and thus keep committments to themselves as well as others. That's a definite sing of success.

Even if you want to cuddle up on your couch with a good book and hot tottie, if something is going on outside where you'll be with people, interesting or not, just go.

Oh its so easy to be a philosopher these days offering advice to others when you sometimes feel you're drowning in a pool of rain in your own life. Sorry for the swift shift in mood and tone but there were several gallery crawler schnoorers I bumped into last night who I thought were maybe a reflection of myself. Especially one I'll call Mike, to keep his identity private. 

No comments: